It is important to get tested for trichomoniasis if you are sexually active. The infection is asymptomatic, especially in men, meaning an infected person may show no signs of infection at all. However, if you already have contracted trich your chances of getting another STD are greatly increased. Trich is a very common STD, but can be cured easily. Getting tested will greatly reduce your chances of spreading trich to a sexual partner.
Symptoms of Trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis Symptoms in Women:
- Itching feeling in the genitals
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Burning feeling in the genitals
- Painful urination
- Irritation and redness in and around the genitals
Trichomoniasis Symptoms in Pregnant Women:
- Early or Pre-term delivery
- Below average fetal birth weight
Trichomoniasis Symptoms in Men:
- Painful or burning feeling after urination
- Abnormal penile discharge
- Uncomfortable or burning after ejaculation
- Itching or burning inside the penis
Transmission of Trichomoniasis:
Trich is most often found on the inside the vagina and penis. For this reason, it is most commonly spread through vaginal intercourse.
Type of Test for Diagnosis
The test required to detect trich is a urine test.
All it takes to cure Trichomoniasis is medication. If you should receive positive results, our physicians can easily prescribe medication to treat and cure the infection.
*NOTE* We are currently unable to provide treatment to patients in the following states: Alaska, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, and Wyoming.